At Candy Funhouse we have a big following of bakers, and Valentine’s Day is one of the best ways to get right into baking with some favourite toppings!
Whether you’re planning on baking some cookies, cakes, or special treats for those you love this Valentine’s Day, what better way than to add special toppings that they wouldn’t be expecting… and ship these cookies overnight to your loved ones at the safety of their own home (or office!).
EASY SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE
The dough can be a simple sugar cookie, and here is one of our favourite recipes you can start with as your base, before your add Candy Funhouse’s huge collection of sweet cookie toppings - check them out [HERE]
- 2-1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of butter, softened to room temperature (don’t microwave it!)
- 3/4 cup of sugar (white or brown, either one is fine!)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (or you can try orange extract, it’s delicious!)
- lemon rind (optional, for that extra zing!)
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the first 3 ingredients and set aside
- Using a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy and smooth – it should look a bit lighter and fluffier. Then add the egg, extract, and rind if using.
- Then, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix on low until well combined (if the dough is too soft you can refrigerate it for 30 minutes, divided into 4 sections, in some plastic wrap).
- Here’s where you can add some topping INSIDE the cookies, if you want! (See below for options).
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Proceed to roll the dough out on a floured surface, and shape cookies.
- Arrange on a baking sheet that has been covered with parchment paper, and bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
Once your cookies are cooled and the icing has been spread onto them, let the sweet fun begin! Here are some great options for toppings you can add to your Valentine’s Day cookies:
One of the most traditionally delicious cookies also comes in a crumb form, for your to add to your Valentine’s Day cookie before baking. Imagine biting into that delicious homemade sugar cookie and tasting the sweet OREO crumb inside… yum!
They’re sweet and peanuty just like we enjoy our Reese’s, but in a mini bite size pieces that are perfect for adding to your Valentine’s Day cookie! Plus, they look amazing… and they’re sooo good!
Whaaat? Oh yeah, this one you’ve GOT to try! The delicious flavour of Smarties comes in a liquid candy that you can ooze all over your cookies for Valentine’s Day – they won’t be expecting that, and you’ll be the cool one that has tried it!
Sprinkles are like the fairy footprints on a cookie – it makes it that much more special! Choose from either chocolate or coloured sprinkles, or combine them both for some extra fun looking cookies!
Oh yeah, now you’re talking! There’s nothing quite like biting into a fresh sweet cookie and getting that bit of peppermint flavour to awaken the taste buds!
Who said you can only add one type of M&M to your cookie? There are many in the collection – crispy bits, white chocolate M&M’s, caramel milk chocolate, and yes, you can even add some M&M’s pretzels to your cookie! Look [HERE] for the collection.
Have some fun with your cookie dough, the colours of your icing, and the toppings you order online for your baking projects… At Candy Funhouse, we’re all about making it different and of course, sweet!
We want to see your creations – send them to us!! [CONTACT CANDY FUNHOUSE] and drop us a line, ask us a question, or place your online order for the best selection of Valentine’s Day candies, sweets, treats and more… We’d love to hear from you!
- - - -
#valentinesday #baking #bakers #ordercandyonline #candyfunhouse #candyforcookies #toppingsforcookies #sugarcookierecipe #easycookierecipe #cookiewithtoppings #candytoppings #buycandyonline #bulkcandyonline