Pumpkin Spice: Naughty or Nice?
That's right folks, with the holiday season upon us, the iconic pumpkin spice flavour is back. Maybe you were one of the people who waited with bated breath, until you could breath again and you could see your breath to be sure it was PSL (pumpkin spice latte) time. Or maybe you really don't get the whole thing, and all it means to you is you're one step closer to the vacation time that is the holidays.
Which ever one you are, we wanted to share with you all the things that are coming up spicy and orange this season, in an attempt to mimic this now famous fall flavour, and you can decide whether they're naughty or nice!
- Pumpkin Spice Latte: this is the original thing that turned this fad into a craze. Originating from Starbucks, there are now competitors that are less pricey, or, if you can get your hands on it, you can make your own with the Pumpkin Spice Coffeemate creamer.
- Pumpkin Spice Creme Oreos: these are quite delicious in our opinion, but then again, we think all things Oreo just are. These are vanilla Oreo cookies with an orange pumpkin spice creme in the middle. Some people think it is just a spruced up Vanilla Oreo.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte M&M's: these little guys come in neutral fall colours, and like all flavoured M&M's, they look normal, but there is a spicy, pumpkin-esque flavour hidden inside. Hershey's has tried these out before, but this year they were reinvented to be more true to the latte, and have a more sophisticated look.
- Hershey's Kisses Pumpkin Spice: a new twist on the classic, these orange kisses are spicy with a creamy white center. Just what you need for the cute fall baking that is flooding your Pinterest.
- Frosted Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts: well this can't come as a surprise to any of you. Of course there would be a seasonal Pop-Tart flavour that is all about pure sweetness.
- Mini Wheats Pumpkin Spice: this is for all you sugary cereal lovers out there! This fall you can cozy up when you're half asleep in the morning with a bowl of....well, almost regular Mini Wheats. Apparently they don't taste all that different, there's just a few spices that give it a kick it's been waiting for, but Kellogg's must have just really been caught up in that pumpkin spice life this year.
- Pumpkin Spice Peeps: we have to include these little marshmallow birdies because we know just how beloved they are, and now you can not only enjoy seeing them everywhere in the spring for Easter, but all throughout fall for Thanksgiving!
Honestly, we don't know where we lie. There are some goodies, and admittedly, some very bad ideas. For example, (if you're eating something, stop right now), once upon a time there were Pumpkin Spice Pringles, and in the same scary land, pumpkin spice hummus. We honestly don't know what to say about those ones...
In the end, it's up to you to decide what's naughty or nice this season with all these emerging pumpkin spice sweets! We do feel obligated to tell you though, if you haven't figured it out yet, usually these sugary creations don't even contain a lick of pumpkin.