Meet the Women around Candy Funhouse!
International Women's Day, also known as IWD for short, is a day to celebrate how far women have come in society, politics and in economics. This year the theme is to #BreakTheBias; a movement to help create an inclusive world free of bias, stereotypes, and discrimination. In celebration of IWD and “BreakTheBias”, Candy Funhouse is highlighting some of the women around the Funhouse who make the company oh so sweet. Today and everyday Candy Funhouse values and celebrates the incredible women who work behind the scenes helping bring the company together.
Here are some of the amazing women we interviewed and their various roles around the Funhouse. Let’s meet them!
Meet our Graphic Designer!
I'm the Graphic Designer here at Candy Funhouse, so all our cute visuals are done by me! So proud of that!
- What is your favourite candy? I'm a huge Cadbury Dairy Milk and Sour Patch Kids fan!
- Why do you like working at Candy Funhouse? The people here are inclusive and give importance to each other's opinion! Being in the creative field, I get to exercise my creative skills that enable Candy Funhouse to stand out! Also, did I mention FREE CANDY?
- What product do you wish existed? Blueberry Cheesecake M&M's
- What’s the best advice you can give other women? Never underestimate yourself because you can achieve so much.
From start to finish our graphic designer creates all the beautiful images we use on our website and socials - She’s even designed all our amazing graphics for International Women’s Day! Creating magic day in and day out she helps to bring the Candy Funhouse vision together in every asset she designs. We love having her as a member of our team.
Meet our Videographer!
I am a Videographer at Candy Funhouse!
- What is your favourite candy? Sour Keys and Jolly Ranchers.
- Why do you like working at Candy Funhouse? I love working at Candy Funhouse because I love filmmaking, I love candy and I am obsessed with TikTok so being able to have those 3 combined is just amazing.
- What product do you wish existed? I’m not sure if this exists but “Hard Jolly Ranchers” or “Extreme Sour Keys.” That would be awesome to try!
- What’s the best advice you can give other women? Stay Confident and Have a Good Attitude!
If you’ve ever seen our TikTok videos, we have amazing Videographers who capture the fun and amazing candy we have to offer. From thinking of the idea to filming and editing, each wonderful video is influenced by and constructed by them. Playing with candy as part of your job? We wish we were as inventive as her!
Meet our Warehouse Supervisor!
I am the Warehouse Supervisor at Candy Funhouse.
- What is your favourite candy? Swedish Berries and Maltesers all mixed together. It's like a crunchy Turkish Delight. I also really like the Popin' Cookin' kits, they're so much fun!
- Why do you like working at Candy Funhouse? The entire team. From top to bottom everyone is so friendly and always willing to lend a hand. It's hard to get upset about things when you're surrounded by candy and smiling faces
- What product do you wish existed? Dr Pepper Sour Patch Kids. The cola ones are good but I'm more of a Dr Pepper person.
- What’s the best advice you can give other women? Don't be afraid to make mistakes. Things aren't always going to work out the way you want but every failed attempt is a learning experience... Sometimes the lesson is that you're not very good at that particular thing but that's ok too.
Our Warehouse Supervisor makes the world go round! With her help every package is picked, packaged and shipped out. Without her at the helm we wouldn’t be able to send you all the sweets and treats right to your front door.
Meet our Customer Service Specialist!
I am the Customer Service Specialist at Candy Funhouse.
- What is your favourite candy? MINI EGGS!!
- Why do you like working at Candy Funhouse? I love working at Candy Funhouse because it’s so fun!! I also may be a candy and chocolate addict.
- What product do you wish existed? Galaxy Oreo would be amazing.
- What’s the best advice you can give other women? ALWAYS BE YOU!
Our customer service specialist helps every customer when they have questions, inquiries and issues. She works hard to provide you with the best service possible to make sure that your day is as sweet as can be!
Meet our SEO Copywriter!
I am the SEO Copywriter at Candy Funhouse.
- What is your favourite candy? My favourite candy is Maynards Fuzzy Peaches and Cadbury Mini Eggs!
- Why do you like working at Candy Funhouse? I like working at Candy Funhouse because we have such an amazing company culture, it truly is one of a kind. I mean who else can say they work in candy land! Our work environment is every kid's dream of being in such close proximity to copious amounts of candy. With that being said, of course, the candy makes it exciting, but I get to work with such incredible people and that makes the experience of working here even better than being in candy land!
- What product do you wish existed? The product I wish existed is a little crazy but definitely pickle-flavoured gummies!
- What’s the best advice you can give other women? My advice to other women is to always find ways or moments to prioritize yourself. Whether it is a spa day, retail therapy, establishing boundaries, or reading a book; all of the little things add up and everything will fall into place.
Our SEO copywriter is completely behind the scenes but she’s such an integral part of the team. When you go to our website to order and read a candy description, that's her! She uploads all the amazing new candies we have to offer and writes their descriptions so you know exactly what you’re getting (and why it’s so delicious)!
Meet our Wholesale Accounts Manager!
I am the Wholesale Accounts Manager.
- What is your favourite candy? Maynards Swedish Berries & Cream but everyone knows chocolate is better and the best chocolates are anything Reese!
- Why do you like working at Candy Funhouse? I like working at Candy Funhouse because it is so fun to work with all the unique candy and snacks that we have to offer. It is also refreshing to work in this environment because it is so dynamic as we are always aspiring to improve what we already do and start new things that add to the entire experience of our brand. I also like that I get to work with other great people and learn so many new skills as we evolve the website and the reach of our brand.
- What product do you wish existed? Chocolate covered Maynards gummies - the best of both worlds, milk chocolate with the best fruity gummies!
- What’s the best advice you can give other women? I think the best advice that I can give to women is clichéd but that you can honestly do whatever you decide you want to do in life with enough work and dedication but the most important element is that you need to be passionate about what you do because otherwise it won't feel worthwhile if it is not something that is authentic to who you are.
Our wholesale account manager takes care of everything for our fellow candy stores! From creating and processing large orders, she makes sure that each order is handled with care from start to finish.
Meet our Warehouse Lead Hand/Inventory Management!
I am the Warehouse Lead Hand/Inventory Manager
- What is your favourite candy? Definitely Reese's Take 5 bar, it combines all my favourite ingredients into one super sweet and savory treat!
- Why do you like working at Candy Funhouse? Working for Candy Funhouse has always made me feel like I'm not just coming in to work, but like I'm coming in to work together with my family. The people I get to work with every day have always been amazing and inspirational, and we truly have a fun time in between the hustling.
- What product do you wish existed? Cheesecake flavoured Lindor Truffles. Or anything Cheesecake for that matter. My blood sugar would be through the roof.
- What’s the best advice you can give other women? Don't worry about how the world perceives you and always strive to be true to yourself. Everyone has an opinion, but you should never let other people's ideas get you down. Just do and be what you believe to be right in your heart, and you'll end up shining so bright!
With so many unique products maintaining control over our inventory is incredibly important. Helping to make sure your package is full of all the treats you want, our warehouse lead works hard to make sure our inventory is up to date. Without her we wouldn’t be able to carry all the exotic and rare products we do.
Meet our Marketing Manager/Social Media Personality!
I am the Marketing Manager and Social Media Personality. If you’ve seen our socials you’ve probably seen my face or my hands!
- What is your favourite candy? Definitely warheads. I love sour candy and will usually eat them until my mouth is raw!
- Why do you like working at Candy Funhouse? Working at Candy Funhouse is a dream come true. Working with all the unique candy, chips and cookies is one thing, but working at Candy Funhouse truly feels like we're at Wonka’s Chocolate Factory! The company culture is unlike any other. Have an idea? Everyone is listening! Want to create something? Go for it! At Candy Funhouse everything is possible. The team is incredible and will support you day in and day out.
- What product do you wish existed? I would love to see a Starburst and Warhead collaboration! Delicious Starburst flavour in a super sour candy would be absolutely amazing.
- What’s the best advice you can give other women? Let someone else tell you no! I would always discredit my abilities when applying for jobs or joining groups by saying I’m not qualified or I don’t have anything to offer. I said no to myself before anyone else had the chance to. Once I started letting others tell me no, so many doors opened for me. You have a lot to offer, so go for it! They’ll tell you no if it’s not meant to be, but more likely you’ll see a lot more yeses in your future!
If you’ve been on our socials or website you’ve seen her work! From content creation to execution she’s behind the scenes and on screen. Full of creative ideas she helps keep us on our toes.
If you can’t tell already, we’re extremely proud of all the Women who work at Candy Funhouse. They make the company flourish and we couldn’t be more thrilled to have them as a part of our company. We hope to continue to #BreakTheBias by employing women in various roles throughout the company. Being a woman itself is a superpower, Happy International Women’s Day to the superheroes making Candy Funhouse a sweeter company.