Sweets and Snacks Expo 2023
Candy Funhouse has officially arrived at the 2023 Sweets & Snacks Expo! This means we got a first-time look at all the new products our favourite brands have to offer! We already have a long list of booths we want to check out, but our list just got a little longer with the official winners of the Most Innovative New Products Awarded by Sweets & Snacks themselves!!
Here are a few winners we’re looking forward to trying out!
This year Best in Show went to Chunk Nibbles’ Apple Cinnamon Chunk Nibbles. If you love the taste of cinnamon, this snack is heavily infused with the deliciously irresistible spice! Their Chex and pretzel snacks contain freeze-dried cinnamon apples with a touch of cinnamon crumble and are perfectly balanced in blissful harmony with the cinnamon coating! You can’t tell us that doesn’t sound amazing!!!
The Small Business Innovator award went to Jackson’s Chips Farmhouse Ranch Sweet Potato Chips made with Avocado Oil. This dairy-free chip is the ultimate healthy snack alternative considering it's vegan, kosher, gluten-free and cooked in avocado oil!
The winner of the most innovative Non-Chocolate Candy was Shenzhen Amos Sweets & Foods Co 4D Fruit Gummy Juicy Burst Strawberry. Aesthetically pleasing to look at, these strawberry gummies not only look like fruits IRL but also pack a flavourful fruity punch!! They’re soo cute & tasty…we’re obsessed!!!!
Up next is the most innovative Chocolate, which was awarded to Nuts.com/Kopper’s Chocolate Mexican Hot Cocoa Bites. These little marshmallow dough bites are covered in rich dark chocolate and powdered with a cinnamon sugar coating — and if we do say so ourselves, are very accurately awarded! We are droooollinggg!!!
When we heard the winner of Meat Snacks was PepsiCo Foods – Jack Link’s Doritos Spicy Sweet Chili Flavored Beef Jerky, we knew we had to try this snack out!! The crispy beef jerky is so smokey and flavourful that you forget you’re about to be hit with the ultimate spice attack! Although it's spicy, the sweetness of the jerky is a great balance for those of us that love a classic flavour overload!
The Gourmet/Premium | Candy award went to Tru Fru LLC – Nature’s Strawberries Hyper-Dried Fresh in White & Dark Chocolate. Made with 100% real strawberries, this dried fruit candy is such a delicious chocolate alternative for anyone with health restrictions! It's gluten free, non-GMO and made with 54% Cacao. We’re eagerly waiting to sink our teeth into this rich chocolate again!!
You can find the full list of 2023 Sweet & Snacks Most Innovative Products winners below:
- Best in Show: Chunk Nibbles – Apple Cinnamon Chunk Nibbles
- Small Business Innovator: Jackson’s Chips – Farmhouse Ranch Sweet Potato Chips made with Avocado Oil
- Chocolate: Nuts.com/Kopper’s Chocolate – Mexican Hot Cocoa Bites
- Non-Chocolate Candy: Shenzhen Amos Sweets & Foods Co., LTD – 4D Fruit Gummy Juicy Burst Strawberry
- Gum & Mints: Perfetti Van Melle USA, Inc. – Mentos Fruit Mints with Vitamins – Cool Fruity Mix
- Salty Snacks: Big Dipper Food Company – Peanut Butter Caramel Coated PopCrunch
- Sweet Snacks: Tru Fru LLC – Parfait Poppers: Nature’s Raspberries Frozen Fresh in Greek Yogurt & Granola
- Meat Snacks: PepsiCo Foods – Jack Link’s Doritos Spicy Sweet Chili Flavored Beef Jerky
- Savoury Snacks: Truly Good Foods – Henrietta Said Ancho Kimchi Flavored Peanuts
- Novelty/Licensed: Shenzhen Amos Sweets & Foods Co., LTD – TastySounds™ RecordableLollipop – Peach Nectar
- Seasonal: Hawaiian Host LLC – Strawberries & Cream White Chocolate Macadamias
- Gourmet/Premium | Candy: Tru Fru LLC – Nature’s Strawberries Hyper-Dried Fresh in White & Dark Chocolate
- Gourmet/Premium | Snack: Oh Snap! Pickling Co. – Cranberry Sweeties