Keep on Sucking these Old-Fashioned Candies
With all of their bold and intense fruity flavours, Jolly Rancher Candies will most certainly have you feeling "jolly". Jolly rancher candy is famous for it's delicious and remarkable flavours. These Candy Funhouse favourites are as long-lasting as the sweet memories they induce. As you unwrap this candy, their fruity and mouth-watering scent will take you back in time. Go back in time to being a kid. Remember when a trip to the store meant gathering up every bit of loose change to buy your favourite Jolly Rancher treat?
From Ice Cream to Jolly Rancher Hard Candy
These delicious candies were founded in 1949 by Bill and Dorothy Harmsen. They decided to call their company "Jolly Rancher" as to suggest a hospitable, western company. Their company originally made ice cream, chocolate, and hard candies, but the main focus was on the ice cream. The ice cream sold at a chain store based out of Denver, Colorado that was called "Ranch Made Ice Cream". However, Dorothy and Bill soon found that their ice cream sales dropped during the colder winter months. They needed something more sustainable and not so seasonal. That's when the Jolly Rancher hard candy was invented!
Thanks to Dorothy and Bill, we have one of the most flavourful candies of all time.
Hershey's makes a sweet investment.
In 1996, The Hershey's company acquired Jolly Rancher Candy. The brand has grown tremendously over the past 20 years. These old-fashioned candies now come in a more extensive selection of flavours and types.
Jolly Rancher Candy has continued to grow.
It's hard to resist a Jolly Rancher Rancher candy. If you're adding some new and exciting favourites on your candy list, besides the classic Jolly Rancher Hard Candies, you're in luck! Now there are so many new editions to try. I've sampled a few of the newbies. They certainly have all the fun and flavour you expect from Jolly Rancher. We know and love the originals, but these new candies are tempting and heavenly.
Jolly Rancher Soft Candy
While we all love the Jolly Rancher Hard Candy, the Jolly Rancher Soft Candy is also a must try.
- Jolly Rancher Gummies are tasteful, must try! These are a must-try candy with the same bold and fruity taste of the original hard candies but in a softer and chewier form. These come in a fun mix of grape, cherry, lemon, orange, watermelon, and green apple.
- Jolly Rancher Sour Bites come in a tart and tangy blend of green apple, watermelon and cherry.
- Jolly Rancher Jelly Beans come in the classic fruit flavors like grape, watermelon, green apple, orange, and blue raspberry. Another new twist on these classics are the
- Jolly Rancher Hotties: They will knock your socks off with their very bold and long-lasting flavours. These Hotties come in Watermelon and Cayenne, Blue Raspberry and Sriracha, Cherry and Habanero, Green Apple, and Ginger. The Jolly Rancher Hotties are filled with sophisticated flavours and unbelievable taste. They deliver the perfect balance of sweet and spicy.
Get creative with Jolly Rancher Candy
These old fashioned candies are always a treat to be savoured. Eating them does make you feel "jolly." But why not impress yourself further by getting a little creative with them? Their texture and colours lend themselves perfectly to some very artistic endeavours.
All-Purpose Jolly Rancher Hard Candy
Besides just ripping the pack of these candies wide open, Jolly Rancher Candies are often used for baking. One of their most popular uses is making stained glass window cookies. The sweets are placed in the centre and melted to look just like glass. They are also used for gingerbread houses, which are also used for the purpose of the windows. Because Jolly Rancher Candies have a clear, see-through, almost glass-like quality to them, they are ideal for any baking that requires a sweet looking candy window... plus they're edible!
Get Creative with Jolly Rancher Candies
Jolly Rancher candies can also be made into any shape with the help of a mold or a cookie cutter. You can get really creative with this idea and invent your own shape of candy in the oven. Some creative Sweeties make suncatchers with them. Although pretty to look at, these decorative sun catchers are not edible because they must be sprayed with a sealer. We have seen these done and they really look like stained glass, especially when the sunlight is shining through them. Order them online today at Candy Funhouse and try making your own spectacular ones!
How to Make Jolly Rancher Lollipops
After looking at these recipes, I found one that is both creative and edible. Easy enough to do with the kids, and not very many supplies are needed. This recipe is for making your Jolly Rancher Lollipops! Choose the flavours, and get ready to do the mixing!
- Jolly Rancher Hard Candies of your choice (extra for snacking)
- Oil or non-stick cooking spray
- Parchment paper
- Lollipop sticks
- Preheat your oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit
- Spray a little oil on the parchment paper, then place on a baking tray.
- Rip open the bag of Jolly Rancher candy, make sure to sample! Leave at least 2 inches between each group of sweets. Place three candies vertically but make sure they're not overlapping, but they can slightly touch.
- Also, using different colours makes for an excellent effect!
- Set your timer for 5-7 minutes (At this point, your kitchen will smell fantastic!)
- Remove the candy from the oven, and you should have rectangular type shapes for your lollipops.
- Let the candy sit for 2 minutes, be very careful not to burn yourself! Now you need to insert the lollipop sticks halfway through the melted candies.
- Twist the sticks slightly to mold the lollipop.
- Let these cool completely before eating them. Once they have cooled down, you are ready to indulge in your homemade Jolly Rancher Lollipops!
Now you are ready to impress the tasters!
If you prefer to sit back and enjoy them, you're not alone. Baking and crafting can be overrated; eating candy never is.
Indulging in these candies are not only intensely satisfying but a throwback to our sweet youth. Enjoy these timeless candies, whenever, wherever! They're a reliable source of sweet and tangy deliciousness. Jolly Rancher Candies always delivers. Some things never change like the long-lasting and intense flavour of a Jolly Rancher Candy.